31.12.10

The end, and we begin again


Every time I begin to write a blog,
It's when I really shouldn't be!

Hope you had a good Chrismakwanzaa and Happy New Year!

So it's 5am and it's New Years Eve and I feel the exact same I did last New Years Eve. "It's tonight? Really? Can I stay home?"

I don't think that my family will be doing much, but we're all home, so why not?

On the other hand, I haven't been working all that much thanks to my sister, who has my shifts now, I still can't escape douchebags. You know the really terrible ones who will argue just for the sake to arguing and twists your words to fit their means and they get you upset for the littlest thing you thought you'd never ever be upset about in your life. Oh, yeah. I happen to be on familiar terms with one. Thanks for ruining the day before New Year's. Asshole.

On the other hand, I had an amazing Christmas. I know I said that Christmas day takes forever when my family is over but this year was fantastic.
We hooked up Guitar Hero (which we had for years but never hooked up for some reason) with the drums and mic and played and it was awesome. Being the only one who knew how to play drums well enough to finish a song meant I played for hours, yet it was amazing.
I would have Christmas like that every year if I could but I know it would get boring. Our other Christmases have been great, too. When I got DDR, I was passing it around with the family, that lasted for two years. Then we got bored of it. Then it was the Wii and last year we just rotated around those items.

Now, for presents. We have secret santa's everywhere. Just not my family, but with my aunts and uncles and cousins, we do. I don't hate it, but GOD what a way to frazzle me! Every year I panic and cry and complain. "What do I get them!?" It's always people who I know very well, so I have to know what they want. It's stupid, no one has ever been upset at me for what I got them but I always think they will be.

Case and point. I got one of my favorite co-workers for the secret santa. She likes to be a brat when it comes to me because I am so much younger than she is,(doesn't help she likes to tell everyone I'm 12. I'm 20 years old for heavens sakes!) so for the first half of December it was constantly "Do you know who got me? Tell me! I know you know! It's you isn't it?" I would deny casually and I suppose I'm a good actress, because she believed me and she is a very perceptive person. So when the staff party came around (I wore high heels and served food, I was so proud of myself!) and gift giving time I just stalked everyone while gifts were given. When my co-worker got her gift and she saw her favorite bottle of red wine and her favorite brand of chocolates, she looked at me and she knew. She is not a very touchy-feely person and she doesn't like hugs, but when she received her presents she hugged me. That moment almost made my year. The I laugh at myself because I was panicking up until the party. I should slap myself.

I got my uncle Tom for the family secret santa. Of course, I panic, cry and complain x2 because I love my uncles and I HAVE to get my family the best no matter what. Fun stuff, I got things I thought would be nice. Tommy Hilfiger shirt and sweater and moccasin because I heard he needed a new pair. So Christmas Eve comes around and he unwraps his gifts that I worked so hard on and they looked awesome. And what do you know, I panicked, cried and complained for ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.
The bonus was the next day when the families came over for Christmas Day, he was wearing the sweater I got him.

Bottom line, I guess, to me Christmas is that feeling of surprise. Seeing something in the store that you think would be positively PERFECT as a gift. The rushing around and the waiting. Meeting people in stores you haven't seen in YEARS is a good reminder of the time gone by.
Even if you want to strangle those ladies in the store, once it's Christmas. It's okay. You won't see them for another year.

What great end to not so stellar year.

I have a lot left to do.

Dear 2010,
You started on a disappointing note, but it got better. I was so happy that I got easily upset when something went wrong, you died down into a slow pace that became my everyday boring routine with a lot to be desired, you gave three moments of intense anguish that I never thought I'd ever feel in my life. Next time, I will be prepared. Aside from that, you let me find a part of myself that I didn't know I had. So, thank you. Everyone.


Dear 2011,
We have yet to meet, but when we do, I swear I'll do things different. This isn't a resolution, this is my plan and plans must be followed. This year, I think it will be exciting.


Happy New Years, everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment