31.12.10

Happy New YEAR!


Happy New Year!

I love being with family on New Years. It's just the most amazing time. Also, I got the Nintendo DSi XL - Anniversary Edition, and the sound editor has a parakeet that repeats things on the title screen when you talk, it will repeat what you say in a very high pitched screech. Aaaaand my dad and brother were arguing with it. I almost died with laughter.

Then we played 21 until about a half until before New Years and then we pulled out the Uno because we hadn't played in a year. A nice dose of vengeance over a children's card game is always a healthy way to ring in the new year.

And as we watched Dick Clark's Rockin’ New Years Eve’s until the countdown, I didn't have any amazing revelation, I didn't think about how life was going to change in the New Year, and I don't care that I have very little money right now.

It's just so much better to know that this is my family and that's all I need. My dearest friend, Jaimie, who is also much more inspired than I am today because she wrote this glorious, albeit short and sweet, piece on who we are and what we were and it's the best thing I ever read in 2010 and I can barely bring or fish a few words inspiration out of my own head.
Today, I don't really have any words. I don't think I need them.

Dear 2011,
We just met, what do you think of me?
I have an idea, will you hear me out?
This idea of mine. I think it will work.

No comments:

Post a Comment